Tuesday, March 19, 2013

Food for Thought

Meesh' last post didnt motivate me.  In fact, I hated it.  
You see, my alma matter is currently ranked #1 in the nation as well (D3 hoops) but you dont see me going around posting pictures like a crazed groupie do you?  Act like you've been there before for goodness sake.  
Anyways, the real reason I logged in today was to share an incredible feat with our readers.  A couple months ago I received an email from a friend of mine.  I've pasted the facts below and hope it inspires you to do something above and beyond today.
(Disclaimer: Club Belmont does not condone the events described in detail below, If you are easily offended then please stick to M's posts)

 I just witnessed one of the most incredible events ever.  Robert (name changed for privacy) did it.  He successfully consumed 4 Chipotle burritos in one sitting.
Burrito #1 - Rice, Pinto Beans, Barbacoa, Corn, Sour Cream, Cheese (Time to eat: 2min 30sec)
Burrito #2 - Rice, Black Beans, Carnitas, Mild Tomato, Corn, Sour Cream, Cheese (Time to eat: 3min)
Burrito #3 - Rice, Pinto Beans, Chicken, Corn, Medium Green Salsa, Sour Cream, Cheese (Time to eat: 6min 30 sec)
Burrito #4 - Rice, Black Beans, Steak, Mild Tomato, Corn, Sour Cream, Cheese Lettuce (Time to eat: 17min)
Total Calories = approximately 4200
He started off very strong.  He would tear off the extra tortilla from each burrito and make a pile for the end.  He absolutely crushed the first two with no problem at all.  The third was a bit slower, but he actually made it through really well.  The 4th was by far his biggest challenge.  It was absolutely incredible.  He managed to get through the entire burrito, so he was just left with bits of the tortilla.  He got a glass of water and would dunk the tortilla before each bite. 
He successfully finished everything, it was insane.  I don't think I would believe it unless I was there.

Gross Right? 

In case the incredible nature of the events outlined above havent sunk in I went ahead and responded with the following...

I know the feat stands on its own but just for the sake of curiosity I had to crunch some numbers.
According to Chipotle's website and the information passed on, Robert consumed the approximate nutritional values:
Calories - 3800
Fat (g) - 114
Sodium (mg) - 7340
Carbs (g) - 281
Calcium (Daily %) - 120
protein (g) - 189
An average male aged 25-50 is recommended to eat the following nutritional values daily
Calories - 2200
Fat (g) - 65
Sodium (mg) - 2400
Carbs (g) - 300
protein (g) - 50
To give you an idea of how much sodium, protein, and fat Robert actually consumed I have provided the following comparisons.  As pathetic as it may sound I did check these numbers and will attest that they are scientifically correct.
7340 (mg) of sodium = 5.75 bags of Cape Cod Potato Chips.
1/2 cup of soy sauce = 7 cups of peanut butter
189 grams of protein = 24oz sirloin steak or 1260 cups of semen
114 grams of fat = 57 slices of bacon or 2 1/2 lbs chuck beef

Cheers!
-McQ


Pin It Now!

No comments:

Post a Comment