Friday, March 8, 2013

The reality of HBO’s Girls

Back in college, I used to start my Thursday nights in front of a glorious window of comedy.  The big screen would display NBC’s hilarity while my buddies and I dropped giggles in-between refreshing sips of Keystone Light.  After the last Baldwin joke on 30 Rock we’d saddle up and head to Tiffany’s Sports Lounge (St. Paul Minnesota’s official Kansas Jayhawk bar) to troll for DFM’s.  Now that I’m a “mature,” “functioning,” and “contributing member of society” I thought it best to weed out those DFM’s.  However, I wasn’t as quick to rule those nights droppin’ giggles on the couch w/ my newly sponsored beverage, Bud Light Lime. 
Last night the basement dwellers of CB were home, which meant I had to share the remote.  Luckily for me the gals hadn’t seen the latest episodes of HBO’s Girls and Fox’s New Girl. 
(Side note: College McQ would’ve certainly punched Club Belmont McQ in the doinker for writing that last sentence.)   
So we pulled up On Demand and had ourselves a night of comedy.  All in all pretty uneventful and unbloggable, however there was a scene in Girls that inspired an incredibly compromising conversation that I knew had to be posted. 
You see, there was a scene in which 30 year old creeper/deadbeat Ray tried to inspire Marnie, the spoiled young and attractive maneater.  Both characters were down in the dumps thanks in part to their realities so Ray tried cheering Marnie up by asking her what she wanted to do in life.  He said he was going to count to 3 and then he wanted her to yell it out. 
On the count of three Marnie yelled “I WANNA SING!”
Cue my idea machine. 
McQ: Hey Meesh, on the count of 3 I want you to yell out what you want to do in life. 1……2……3!
Meesh: I WANNA MARRY INTO MONEY!!

#BitchesCantBeTrusted
-McQ


Pin It Now!

No comments:

Post a Comment