Monday, January 28, 2013

Elise the Beast vs The Devil of Dirt



 Yesterday I became possessed. I was on some sort of mission, perhaps it was the hamster-sized spider I had to maim in the bathroom the other night, or maybe I just felt inspired by Martin Luther Clean Day, but I was a cleaning machine. I dusted (what?? I know, I can't believe it either), washed all my bedding and sheets, organized my closet and dresser (got rid of a few of my muscle tanks), and I vacuumed. I had even just cleaned out the actual vacuum canister thing because I'm a nut and that seemed like a good idea (I think I now have asthma, but whatever). So I'm vacuuming everything, under the bed, in corners, and I moved furniture to vacuum underneath it like an actual real life adult would. I even used that little hose thing to vacuum under my bookcase, and as I leaned over to get underneath it, the main vacuum part proceeded to SUCK MY PONYTAIL UP. 
Artistic rendering of the event
I should note for the readers who have never had the pleasure of meeting me, I have a glorious mane of long blonde hair… great for pretending I’m in a Pantene Pro-V commercial, not so great for say… getting sucked up into a Hoover.  So as I laid on the floor contemplating all the poor decisions I’ve made in my life, while flipping through a Women’s Health Magazine from October 2011 that I discovered under my bookcase (the only thing I could reach), I realized two things: 1. I can get rid of my muffin top with 3 simple moves according to that vintage WHM and 2. I am very bad at being an adult. Eventually, rather than just building a new life for myself on the floor of my room, I escaped the Red Beast with only a little dust on me and a minor case of PTSD.  Moral of the story, don’t clean. Ever. Because it’s a trap.
 
ELISE THE BEAST


Pin It Now!

No comments:

Post a Comment