Wednesday, January 23, 2013

help me.

Hello. My name is Katie and I am the newest member of Club Belmont. I came to Boston thinking that I would be living with 5 really normal young professional 20 somethings. I thought I did everything right. I looked on Craigslist, Skyped with them and then moved in. Sounds legit, right? Let me tell you, NOT LEGIT. These people are weirdos. Just to give you an idea of the strange-ness:

1. They keep sending me pictures of puppies. Not like "Oh I saw this cute puppy. Here is what it looked like but I won't send another one for a few months." No. I get almost DAILY pictures of puppies. Puppies playing. Puppies in boxes. Puppies in Santa hats. Puppies looking at other puppies. You would think they would send an occasional cute giraffe or llama picture. Just puppies. 

2. I try to bring normal adult encounters into our interaction but it always ends up with excessive margarita/G & T/wine chugging. Is it too much to ask to have a nice Mexican meal without a headache the entire next day?

3. The women do all of the work. We cook, we clean, we cut down the Christmas trees, do yard work, we rearrange the living room. You would think that the guys would chip in every once in a while Basically all they do is watch GOT, sing entire musicals in the living room and do push-ups. Actually, I hardly ever see them not doing manly push-ups. Well, sometimes I walk in and one of them is just stroking his newly formed "thigh tickler." That's a whole nother concerning topic...

4. They are Pats fans. Enough said.

5. They hate my smoothies. I got this bomb smoothie maker for Christmas and I often offer a variety of delicious smoothie drinks for their enjoyment. They NEVER want them. It's like they think I am trying to ruffie them or something. Who doesn't like a delicious strawberry-banana-kale-mango-chicken-almond-blueberry-red pepper smoothie? I mean, COME ON people!

6. They have the strangest hobbies. Current interests of my roommates include: shooting things, starting a group called GHT (Glitter Haters Anonymous,) drawing pictures of surfing puppies, playing middle school video games, watching things not in HD, cooking excessive amounts of eggs, seeking out creepy people at work/Starbucks. This is the tip of the iceberg. Some things that they do I can't even put on the internet. 

So here I am, stuck with these smoothie hating, puppy loving wack jobs. Should I stick it out? Should I sleep at work? If you are a friend of one of the people that I live with, I apologize for calling them wack jobs but I'm fairly certain you would agree to a degree. Also, any advice for putting up with their antics would be greatly appreciated. I would like to keep my normal sanity but I quickly see it fading away, slowly, sadly, fading. 

help me.

Pin It Now!

No comments:

Post a Comment