Thursday, February 7, 2013

VDays Coming - Lock your doors!

Valentine's Day. There, I said it.

It's creeping up on us as today marks the one week countdown till the fateful day. I know everyone has their own opinions of this 'holiday' - all of you in the "It's my favorite holiday of the year!! Ahh pink and bows and love and stuffed bears!!" crowd may want to just breeze right past this post.

I know, I know this year I have a man friend to celebrate with so I technically don't have anything to be bitter about but I still just don't see the appeal. Spending excess money on silly gifts, having to make reservations at restaurants with stunted menus chock full of jacked up prices, and boxes upon boxes of chocolates I can't eat (damn you food allergies!!)...sounds like fun.

I'd prefer to just stay in, watch Hulu, and make dinner. This is basically every Thursday night for us soooo I'm naming myself the Valentine's Day Grinch. Bah humbug.

Talking about this with McQ yesterday got me thinking about how my current view of the day drastically differs from how 14-year-old me (full of so many teenage hormones and feelings) thought 20-something-year-old me would be basking in this holidays' charm.




I don't want to say I'm right but you have to admit, present day Meesh's version of VDay looks pretty great.

Pin It Now!

No comments:

Post a Comment